blogarian forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blogarian SHOW

+6
duncan
bgreen
mirna
msalmon
Aleko the Greko
Manuel
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty Blogarian SHOW

Post  Manuel Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:18 am

Discuss here all about the show.

Manuel
Admin

https://blogarians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty what up Homies

Post  Aleko the Greko Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:13 am

hello to everyone lets make this happen. I know that everyone has a lot of ideas about the show. My question is what does the gallery want? maybe we should all make a sheet in word stating our ideas, then one of us (It could be me) can make a sheet with everyones ideas and we do some kind of voting so this way we can figure things out. Anyways have fun everyone talk to you all soon. Alex

Aleko the Greko

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty mauricio

Post  Manuel Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:17 am

Lets see what Mauricio has to say, he talked to the gallery.
Alex, good idea.
Other things we would need is info from the gallery on how to send the paitings there, if they will cover the charges etc... if i am not mistaken its in seattle, so its pretty far, well, anything is far from me hehe

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty what i have so far...

Post  msalmon Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:35 am

i first got in touch with the gallery this past spring. they were in the process of openning and setting everything up.
i had sent the lady ( diana adams)in charge samples of my work and along with a link to the blogarians site.
she answered back saying she was still trying to get all the permits and paper work to open up and said she would be in touch and would love to have a show with the blogarians to kinda break the ice.
i didn't hear back until maybe two weeks ago, she was setting up for an upcoming show in december and asked me if i was interested in showing work. i said yes but it was kinda of a short notice so i wouldn't be able to produce anything good in that amount of time. anyways she still asked about having a blogarians show. she knows we all come from ringling and really likes our work. she hasn't mentioned a date but i told her it would take time to gather everyone and discuss what we would like to do, since we are all spread out and have different schedules.
as of right now we are pretty much open to do what WE WANT.
as far as shipping goes i'm sure we would have to pay to ship it there but whatever doesn't sell they pay for the shipping to send it back to us. that's just my thought on it i'm not sure. i would have to get in touch with diana and ask her about it.

my first thought when she mentioned a show with the blogarians was the sketchbook show we never had at ringling. i always thought that would be a great show to do. i really like the idea of showing proccess work.
any thoughts on this fellow blogarians?

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty shiping and other stuff

Post  Manuel Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:30 am

Thanks Julio!
About the shipping, ask her about it, I know some artists that dont pay at all for shipping, because is the gallery that is interested in selling the work, remember the gallery will sell the artwork and keep 40% or whatever % she works with.
The sketchbook show, I am not sure, because I wouldnt like to sell my sketchbook, but I wouldnt mind selling some sketches on individual papers.
We could make a theme for the show if we all agree on something, or just a group show with our personal work.
And keep in contact with her to keep making shows everyyear, I am sure alot of us are interested in getting into gallery work and this could be the first step.

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty Re: Blogarian SHOW

Post  mirna Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:45 am

hmm... i think it would be great to have sketches accompanying other work. i'm not much of a sketcher, so if it was just sketches, i wouldn't have much to offer. but then i think of park's sketchbooks and it totally makes me want to include them. so, like i said, maybe that could be something we have AS WELL AS other finished pieces.
as far as a theme, let's just start throwing some ideas out there:

a life changing moment
imaginary friends
passion
contrast (this could be nice and conceptual)
a feeling (we could narrow it down, or everyone just picks one)

anyway... just brainstorming!

ooo
what if we did that thing where someone draws a head, passes it on to the next person, they draw a body, etc... we could partner up (3 per group) and assign each person to do either the head, body or legs. frame them separately but stack them one on top of the other (dimensions of all three pieces could be the same).

or something else collaborative that we can do without having to sit down with each other....

mirna

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty ideas

Post  Manuel Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:54 am

Cool Ideas Mirna.

Lets keep in mind, that things in a Gallery are for "SALE". and will be up in a show for a month, or less...
So in my opinion, sketchbooks are complicated to show and keep safe for the gallery owner.

theme:
"Vision of the future"
"Whats next"

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty more ideas....

Post  msalmon Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:32 pm

you guys made some pretty good points. i would be cool to show our process work along with the final pieces(s) that we do.
but we would have to see how it would be set up as far as display. it would definetly make for a great visual to have the process work and final next to each other. also, i dont think we would have to send any original sketches it could be kinda of a collage put together in photoshop and them printed out explaining our thought process.
here are some more themes that could be worth exploring

dreams
love
hope
change( for better or bad)
evolution
war/peace

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty oh

Post  msalmon Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:34 pm

mirna i do like the idea of doing collaberate work with each other. the head body and legs sounds cool.

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty gallery space

Post  Manuel Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:59 pm

Julio!!
Make sure you ask her how big is the gallery space. That way we can figure out how many pieces each one can hang.

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty Awesome!

Post  bgreen Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:26 pm

This is sweet! I like a lot of the ideas posted so far; my favorites so far are Mirna's "imaginary friends" and Mauricio's "evolution". We should probably set a cutoff date for ideas and make a master list to vote from. The sooner we can get started the better our chances are of putting up a good show.

My ideas:
muscle
anatomy
celebrity
hero
sickness/health
prophecy

bgreen

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty dates and roles

Post  Manuel Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:26 pm

Lets asign some Roles and some dates here to have everything organized.
we need a date for the theme, and we need to know who is going to be in the show.

I think Mauricio can be the one talking to the gallery, and Alex offered to make a list of things, so lets start there.

Alex, If you can make a list of the people that are interested in participating, a lot of Blogarians havent been active for more than a year, so I am not sure if they even know about this show.

Hopefully the new website will contribute to this new "Blogarian Collective". I am sure it will all be programed and ready before the show.
The new web will need you guys to register again, because it has a lot more features and is a more powerfull program than blogger, but still really simple, completely custumized for us.

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty space...

Post  msalmon Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:54 am

julio i'll make sure to ask about what kind of space we are dealing with and also about the shipping.
people seem to be coming with some good themes, brandon i like the sick/healht one.
i guess it does make sense to make a list and have people vote on there favorite.

julio that new website you're working on sounds amazing, i talked to gino last night and he said he was interested i also told him to get in touch with clay. hopefully we can all do this, i would really love for everyone to participate. i'll also get in touch with jake.

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty cool

Post  Manuel Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:26 am

Cool Julio,
I will try to have all this ready for the show.

I vote for "imaginary friends"

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  duncan Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:54 am

Hey Everyone, cool ideas. I love the possibility of a show, and I know everyone (even ones who haven't been active- I KNOW they're lurking!) would be interested. I could lend a hand by collecting information on printing large-format if we want any promotional stuff to put up in the gallery windows or what-not.

my suggestions for themes:

transit
talents
food chain

I also like imaginary friends and change

duncan

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty What up

Post  Aleko the Greko Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:15 am

Hi guys I like the ideas thrown on the table great stuff. I am really like the ideas. I need to figure out how to make a list so everyone can vote. I have some thoughts. My other question is when the show happen is anyone going to be there opening night???
have fun and talk to you soon. Here is one of my thoughts: cat

Broken dreams

Aleko the Greko

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty stuff

Post  Manuel Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:24 am

Thanks Duncan! that could be great!
Julio when ever you talk to her make sure how much of the promotion does she cover, usually the gallery pays for part or all the costs of a catalog , poster, postcards, what ever she usually makes... depending on the artist ofcourse.

Alex these are all the emails I have I think I am missing someone...
brookeolivares@gmail.com
chs@claytonstillwell.com
greal@ringling.edu
jehrlund@gmail.com
switt@ringling.edu
alekos1984@yahoo.com
cmpillustrator@yahoo.com
cvillagra@mac.com
spikeycp@gmail.com
csanchez@ringling.edu
dunctank@comcast.net
edwardkinsellaiii@yahoo.com
LisaAFields@gmail.com
msalmon@ringling.edu
mkanta3@hallmark.com
ojaart@gmail.com
jadedfall@hotmail.com

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty Emails

Post  Aleko the Greko Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:24 am

I send an email today stating that I need all the emails from everyone whoever we know I just used your first email Manuel with all the names and I added Bgreen. So I am pretty sure Manuel can Do a kick ass poster for the Show and we defiantely need some online advertising maybe a pop up on Blogarians with the date of the show E.t.c. Hopefully by the end of the week I ll have the list of the people participating, So we can just get our shit together. Peace

Aleko the Greko

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty poster and new web

Post  Manuel Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:15 am

Thanks ALex!
The new web will advertise the show.
Here is an overview of all the stuff that goes on the New web.

Blogarians Project:
Blog:
Here all the members can post images and text easily.
With Comments.

About:
-A description of what we do and what Blogarians is (this will be editable by the administrator only)
-A Form where people can Join Blogarians (They can join but they will only be accepted if 50% of the members vote "yes" to that new artist in their control panel. (the illustration democracy)

Artist Index:
-Here you will see a profile picture and the name of every member, if you clic on the image it will take you to their image galery.
-The image gallery will contain the profile picture, Bio, Contact info and 4 Images they uploaded.

Events Calendar:
This section can be edited by all the members, is a calendar to post dates of gallery shows or other important dates.

Wiki Planner (only members can see this)
This Wiki can be edited by all the members.
Its only one blank page where we can write different ideas and oganize for gallery shows or events we plan together.

Forum: (only members can see this)
Really simple forum where we can discuss.

Control Panel:
The Administrator can control all the sections, edit, delete...
The members will have access to: Blog, Forum, Illustration democracy (where they see a list of the people that want to be a member), Wiki, Events Calendar. Artist index ( where the can edit their own Bio and contact, profile picture, and their 4 images on the gallery)

The illustration democracy:
This is the feature where new members are voted "yes" or "no".
If 50% or more of the actual members vote "yes" that person will be accepted as a new member and will have the same privileges the rest of us has.

All the layout of the pages and design is done already, someone is programming all the backend, so its all automatic.

It looks really proffesional, clean and could promote us in a better way.

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty About the list

Post  Aleko the Greko Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:40 am

Hi everyone I ve got some positive answers for the show I am going to give everyone soem more time and then I ll post the list here on the forum. All the Blogarians interested in participating in the upcoming show, email me @ alekos1984@yahoo.com. Talk to you all soon.

Aleko the Greko

Last edited by on Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aleko the Greko

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty damn!

Post  msalmon Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:48 pm

wow julio... this new website is going to be great.
duncan the printing of the flyer sounds really cool. i think it would be great if we had different designs for the show poster. maybe who ever is interested could design one. i know i am.
i already emailed diana about the size of the gallery and the shipping info. so i'll let you guys know as soon as she answers back.
so far my favorite theme are
imaginar freinds
health/sickness
visions of the future.

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty waiting..

Post  msalmon Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:40 pm

i'm still waiting for diana to reply back with the size of the gallery and the info on the shipping issue.
so i'l let you guys know when i get an answer.

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty Awesome stuff so far.

Post  Olumuyiwa Jonathan Ajagbe Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Sorry for not getting in the action sooner. So far I'm liking the ideas and things that have been going on. Did we already do the voting for the theme? I hope not, I want to get in on that. Did you guys already get confirmation on the gallery date? Sorry, I'm trying to catch up. Don't worry I did read what was posted. I would like to help with may a flyer design or whatever.

Olumuyiwa Jonathan Ajagbe

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty Idea

Post  Aleko the Greko Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:55 am

Olu we haven't voted for the theme yet. I am currently collecting the names of the people who want to participate in the show. About the Poster I think everyone wants to make one, it is going to be hard to figure out who is puting it together. I believe because Manuel designed Blogarians he should design the poster (just an idea). A good idea is each one of us to send to Manuel the piece that got the most comments on Blogarians or a new favorite piece and he could put them together. Or whoever wants can make a poster and we could vote on them.

Aleko the Greko

Aleko the Greko

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW Empty glad to have you on the boards nelly!!

Post  msalmon Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:00 pm

hehe.. i already sent diana a list of the names aleko has snet out. i'm still waiting to hear on the other stuff we mentioned aswell. after all that , we'll see what date we can shoot this for.
i think who ever want to make a poster should do one. i think it would be great advertising and it would show what's to be expected.

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum