blogarian forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blogarian SHOW

+6
duncan
bgreen
mirna
msalmon
Aleko the Greko
Manuel
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty ok

Post  msalmon Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:40 am

diana wrote back with the shipping info. we would pay to ship our work over there, but anything unsold she would pay for the shipping back. i've been shipping my stuff to a gallery in FL so it's really no that expensive, but manuel i dont know how much it would be to ship from spain!
she didn't respond to the size of the gallery, so i replied asking her again. so i'll let you guys know as soon as i know.

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty Re: Blogarian SHOW

Post  msalmon Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:44 am

here is the link to the floor plan of the gallery
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddm32wm8_8c7pjr7

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty alright...

Post  msalmon Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:22 pm

so emily gross and josh hoye are both in. did anyone get a chance to check out the link to the floor plan?

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty themes

Post  msalmon Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:47 pm

i sent the list of themes we have going to diana today telling we are in the process of choosing one, i would like to hear everyone's input on this. since we are all on this together.
what are you guys' favorites?

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty dates

Post  msalmon Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:40 am

so diana wrote to me the other day this is what she had to say...

Well let's see. I would love it if we could do it for the next show. That runs Feb 8 - Mar 30, 2008. I know it probably seems like short notice but that's how its been going here with all the excitement. I just get it rolling and we all whip it together in a pretty impressive short time-frame. Maybe it's too dramatic but I'm at a loss right now for the next show because I'm still trying to finish construction in the back.

I don't need everyone to get too overwhelmed with a theme - this is an introduction for sure.

The things you guys need to work on, and this is a master co-ordination feat - Get your pieces presentable and framed. Pack up, ship (insurance). The artist pays for shipping one way and I pay return if it doesn't sell.

Did you see the floor plan and did that make sense? I like those themes. I think whichever we pick, if we pick one at all, would be sort of based on the time of year. Love is a good one for Spring.

How do you all communicate? Is it a forum or emails? I have a way to share docs with gmail that might help if you want that.

Cheers! diana

i'm thinking around summer time would be a good time to have this show. it will give us time to plan this better along with executing our artwork. plus it wont be cold.
what do guys think....

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Post  duncan Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:59 am

I know summer would be best for me because I'm going through a lot of changes right now- quitting my job, relocating, etc. etc. - all in january-february. It would be really tight time to make a new original artwork. Can we hear from everyone else on the timing of this? Hope you're all well.

duncan

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty timing

Post  Manuel Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:10 pm

summer is good for me also.
early summer.
may?

Manuel
Admin

https://blogarians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty Summer

Post  emilydove Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:23 am

I agree, I think summer would work out best for me too.
A lot of the theme ideas sounded good to me so I'm up for almost anything. Communication or connection would be interesting. I also like the word 'offbeat' so it might be fun to see a lot of illustrations inspired by that. Maybe I'm getting too abstract?
Thanks for the invitation guys, I'm looking forward to this!

emilydove

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty Offbeat

Post  Manuel Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:53 am

Offbeat: Not conforming to an ordinary type or pattern; unconventional.

I think that is a great theme, and a great title for the show also.
We should start voting for themes. and my vote goes to OFFBEAT.

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mirna Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:46 pm

i'm also fine with summer.
offbeat could be really cool. i'm fine with that too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

mirna

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty i dig it

Post  msalmon Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm

i really like the offbeat theme guys, i think it's perfect.
and emily your welcome.

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty votes

Post  Manuel Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:42 pm

I am posting the votes we have until now, not posting all the themes, just the ones that have one than 1 vote. So feel free to vote on these or vote on something else already mentioned or give a new idea.
if any of the themes reaches 7 votes, that will be the theme we will make.
3 Offbeat
2 imaginary friends
2 Vision of the future

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty Blogarians Show

Post  csanchez Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:00 am

Hey everybody. I vote for Offbeat. I think the summer would be a good time too.
Possible other themes:
It's Magic
Once Upon a time
The Master
Infected

csanchez

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty votes update

Post  Manuel Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:24 am

4 Offbeat
2 imaginary friends
2 Vision of the future

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty My vote

Post  bgreen Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Summer is good with me. (May is fine.) As far as a theme goes, I'll vote for "off beat" just to help get things rolling. All the theme suggestions have been good so, as far as I am concerned, what ever we choose will be fine with me. Let's just get started. And is anybody going to be able to make it to the show? I don't think I'll be able to; however, it's going to be kind of crappy if our show opens and nobody is there to represent us.

bgreen

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty vote and timing

Post  Olumuyiwa Jonathan Ajagbe Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:21 pm

my vote is for imaginary friends. I perfer june as the month of the show so it doesn't conflicted with school.

Olumuyiwa Jonathan Ajagbe

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty votes and dates

Post  Manuel Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:55 pm

5 Offbeat
3 imaginary friends
2 Vision of the future

May or June is fine with me, but the gallery is the one making the decition so lets see whaat she says about the dates. [vale Julio? Smile ]

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  duncan Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:49 am

6 Offbeat
3 imaginary friends
2 Vision of the future

also, some of the archiving on blogarians isn't working at the moment... will that get fixed on the site revamp?

dunc

duncan

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty Fixing

Post  Manuel Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:42 am

I had no clue the archiving wasnt working I will take a look at it, all the posts and comments from the past will still be on the new blogarians, I have all the database saved.

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty Finally got logged in

Post  Vermillion Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi everybody, this is Diana in Seattle. Ok I finally got logged in so we can discuss. I have to read over some of the other posts to catch up. I just wanted to practice the forum and let everyone know that I can use it now.

Thanks!

Vermillion

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty nice..

Post  msalmon Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:03 pm

Diana
so what do you think so far for a summer show?

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty fun, ok

Post  Vermillion Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:13 pm

So I have to get my feet wet with this forum thing. Hopefully it will work.

My thing lately is still doing the restaurant build out but I will hopefully be done with that my March 1 if I don't run out of money. The gallery is open and the floor plan is posted somewhere above. That won't change.

The way I have things slated is two month shows like Jan/Feb, March/April, May/June, July/Aug. I tentatively have someone for the summer shows, especially May/June. July/Aug has potential with you guys. However, as usual my near future is not booked and I really need something for March/April, even for mid-march through April.

I know its short notice but I think with the Blogarians show the theme or concept should be first and foremost that you took the initiative to organize a group of artists together to help each other out. So I would be fine without having a "theme" that you actually had to make art for and just show what you have on hand or what each of you created for a job, project, etc...

Does that make sense? Though I really do like the themes you all are coming up with. We could do a theme show at a later time or if we go with July/August we could pick a theme. I just want to emphasize that themes are pretty common these days and it's a catch 22 because people are starting to *groan*. I like the angle that you all banded together and are succeeding. I personally like themes - makes it easier for me.

The other thing that is super important that I can help you with here is getting a final piece that looks good and ships well. How comfortable is everyone with that? What experience do you have and what do you need to know?

Thanks! Diana

Vermillion

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty march

Post  Vermillion Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Oh I forgot to mention that since I am doing a big grand opening in March, the art will have more chances of getting the kind of "NEW" press that the restaurant opening brings.
Otherwise, the way I have it planned is closed for construction Feb. and then open up with a "conceptual" art show, which is basically photos of the buildout and all the mishaps as kind of a joke on all those conceptual shows that are so popular now with the sculpture and found objects, blah blah blah. But I don't know if I can sustain that for both months. It may get dumb. I want to have real art again ASAP within a month after we open.

d

Vermillion

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty About the show

Post  Aleko the Greko Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:37 pm

I don't have any problems for doing the show without a theme. I know we all have concepts and ideas that we haven't completed yet. If we were to do the show in 2 months form today that leaves us tops 6 weeks for art completion which is kinda tough for eevryone that works full time. I believe I can get my piece done. Maybe some city scapes from my new trip. Well lets all agree and get this party started. Also I ve been thinking... We are a blog group maybe we could conect a web camera in the gallery and stream th elive footage on the blog somehow. I believe this is a Manuel task, but i am willing to help if the idea goes through. Ok lets see what can be done.

Aleko the greko

Aleko the Greko

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 2 Empty for Alex

Post  Manuel Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:30 am

Its already complicated to organize all this to have something like that instaled, and remember I am in Spain, a little too far to do that.

Manuel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum