blogarian forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blogarian SHOW

+6
duncan
bgreen
mirna
msalmon
Aleko the Greko
Manuel
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty Re: Blogarian SHOW

Post  duncan Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:04 am

I have a question for Diana- I will try to be ready for whenever the show is, but almost all of the work I have on hand is digital and would be printed. I would like to complete a traditional piece, but If we're going to go forward with a show of previous pieces, mine will most likely have to be printed. What is your opinion on that?

duncan

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty dates

Post  msalmon Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:43 am

i dont want to speak for everybody, but i know the march deadline would be tough for all of us to meet. I'm having a group show in march in fl that i committed to and i'm planning on doing a few paintings for, plus other projects i want to get started on. what i think could be done is
who ever wants to, should submit paintings or work for the openning in march. since diana mentioned she needs artists. i know i might be able to send one or too paintings.
the july/aug date for a show sounds perfect to me. it would give us more time to produce good artwork.
what do you guys think?

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty shipping

Post  msalmon Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:47 am

as far as shipping goes, i usually bubble wrap my paintings pretty good before packing it to make sure it gets to it's destination safe.
got any tips for us diana?

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty answers

Post  Vermillion Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:52 pm

I'll see if I can bounce back and answer all the questions or thoughts:

I'm putting in a camera system (QSee - Costco, digital) It wasn't too expensive but the best part is that if I can figure out the LAN input I would be able to have a streaming feed. I could post that for the show or whatever. It might be a lot of work but it might also not be too hard since I already have a digital recorder and cameras.

Ok, don't get too worried about me stressing out loud about April. If we can't do it, I can come up with something else. The only thing is that its the most likely chance for Blogarians to get the largest share of the gallery. It would be cool to do the whole place with Blogarians but it might be too big and really really expensive for you all to try to fill up the place. So what I would do in the summer is possibly give you the biggest share and then fill in with other groups similar to yours (or a couple people from here or there who are similar). For example,there's ArtDorks, IllustrationFriday, Drawn, etc... who had no other way to do their work except on a blog. Hows that for an idea? Just a backup.

As for all work being digital I have a suggestion: imagekind.com is free and I've been ordering with them - AMAZING quality fine art archival prints. Nobody has to know that you used them but what you do is create your own limited edition run. I would stick to a very small run, like 3-5 if you want to sell your are for a decent amount of money. Or you could just do one. I can help with ideas on this if anyone needs it.

I have a lot of interest in artists who have digital output so this is our solution if it's done right.

I've gotten some insane packaging - plastic Home Depot bins stuffed with pillows, etc... I think the best way is to use a rigid box and ideally another box inside. If not, definitely cut the corners off a box and put them on the corners of your art before you put it in a bigger box. Also, another layer of cardboard on the face and back of the art. I've seen a box with a forklift driven through it (not my fault). Luckily the artist did it on canvas that she could patch. Bubble wrap is great too. Always do one layer around your piece with bubble wrap. I found that the average price was $30-$50 for a box sent Ground. Size and weight matter. More on that for anyone who needs it later.

I'm still going to try to spend more time to go through everyones stuff and see if I can refine what I think would work from everyone. You have different styles and I like what's on the blog itself right now. I'm still open to waiting until July/Aug, just throwing April out there as a barometer and my personal anxiety. No biggie.

Thanks! diana

Vermillion

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty Timing

Post  emilydove Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:48 pm

Thanks Diana, that information is really helpful. There is a possibility that I could have some pieces for April, as long as there is no theme, but it would be cutting it close. I have a gallery show opening in March that runs for 2 weeks so I'm not sure if I could have everything packaged and sent by that time. So ultimately July/Aug would be perfect.

emilydove

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty April

Post  Vermillion Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:21 pm

I guess I'm just worried about April because it's going on two months of my "joke" idea to mock conceptual sculpture and I don't want people to get sick of it but it's kind of short notice for everybody, including me.

Ok, I'll be in touch and give updates.

Thanks everyone, d

Vermillion

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty thanks

Post  msalmon Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:56 am

thanks for the info on packaging and for the website link.
I have some digital work that would be nice to print out and maybe turn into limited edition prints.
I'm pretty sure i can have some pieces for april.

I would like to hear from the rest of you guys.
if we can't all do it ,the july/aug date would be perfect.

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Post  mirna Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:39 am

i think i'd be ok with march and april. sometimes it's better to have a little time pressure Wink

mirna

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty dates

Post  Manuel Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:08 am

Hi everyone!
i I have no problem on dates if we do digital prints.
but I would like to show off my new work, so summer would be better.

Manuel
Admin

https://blogarians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty Any word?

Post  bgreen Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 pm

So....do we have a definite date for the show? Are we still doing it? Are we just putting any piece we want in it, or is there a theme? It seems like the whole idea just kind of flopped.

bgreen

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty not sure...

Post  msalmon Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:00 am

yeah i'm not sure what's going on with the show. i haven't gotten in contact with the gallery lady.
and i never heard back from any of the other blogarians. i've also been busy lately with moving and a bunch of other crap. but i'm going to get in touch with the gallery and ask what she wants to do.
and who ever want it to participate can just send their work.

msalmon

Back to top Go down

Blogarian SHOW - Page 3 Empty July?

Post  emilydove Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:18 pm

It sounded like July through August was the best bet for everyone, is that still the case? I'm certainly still up for it!

emilydove

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum